We are looking for a Developer to work within our IT department in a fast paced retail environment for a television home shopping company, to be responsible for the design, layout and coding of our website. You will be a key contributor to the continued success and growth of the business.
Main duties include:
• Write the programming code, either from inception or by adapting the existing software and graphics to meet business needs.
• To be involved at all stages of the development life cycle: initial analysis, implementation, integration, testing, debugging and support.
• To deliver code which is well-tested and consistently error free.
• Testing the website and identify any technical problems.
• Editing existing content and updating the website.
• Creating back up files.
• To be aware of the latest software development technologies and methodologies.
• Strong / Proven knowledge of Visual Basic /VB.net/C#net (jQuery – an advantage)
• Good knowledge of Visual Studio
• Knowledge of SQL Server Management Studio, SQL language, database tables and stored procedures are a huge advantage.
• Ability to work alone using your own initiatives and ideas as well as working alongside the guidance of senior members of the company.
• Creativity - someone who can proactively come up with ideas to do things better on a daily basis
• Someone willing to work just as willingly individually on a project, or as a team member on a larger project.
• Manage to meet tight deadlines.
• Excellent relationship building skills.
• Pro-active in approach
• Flexibility with working hours to get projects finished on time
Salary: £ DoE