A Notice from Northamptonshire County Council
As a Council with responsibility for social care, we must make sure that people who are eligible for social care have their needs met, within the financial resources available. Equally, we must make sure that where customers meet the financial criteria to make a contribution towards their care, they do so in a way that meets current regulations and guidance. We do this in a way which is equitable and fair and is clearly explained in policy statements.
The Council is consulting on:
- A change to the Fair Contributions Policy which will take into account the certain named benefits in full, in the calculation of a customer’s financial contribution for the non-residential services they receive.
- A new charge for all eligible customers who use the Assistive Technology Service.
- An increase in the fee for appointeeship for customers with capital over £1,000.
You can have your say on the above proposals in a number of different ways:
- By completing either our standard questionnaire or our easy read questionnaire
- Write to Engagement, Participation and Involvement Team, Northamptonshire County Council, One Angel Square, Angel Street, Northampton NN1 1ED
- Or e-mail [email protected]
Service users directly affected by these proposals have been sent a letter informing them about the consultation and giving them an opportunity to participate in the consultation and/or to attend a public meeting.
This consultation closes on 6th January 2018.
Further details of this consultation and other past and present consultations are available on Northamptonshire County Council’s Consultation Register.