Oundle School is one of the country’s leading co-educational boarding and day schools. The School has 860 boarding and 260 day pupils and prides itself on being associated with the best in modern independent school education.
The Community Action programme aims to cultivate a spirit of service and encourage an awareness of the needs of people from different sectors of society. Over three hundred pupils and approximately fifty staff and volunteers serve the local community on a weekly basis, with additional larger activities at various points in the year.
This role offers a unique and exciting opportunity to give back to both the local and global community. Interacting with a wide range of people including pupils and the elderly, this is a role which provides true variety in a fun, lively office. 25 hours per week, working Term time plus two weeks (35 weeks per year)
FTE £27,760, £13,086 pro rata
Providing a range of administrative and organisational support to ensure the Department runs smoothly duties include:
• Assist in the day to day running and organising of Community Action
• Assist in the organisation and running of annual events
• Updating Community Action publications
• Responsibility for a significant number of pupils throughout the week, which includes monitoring and providing feedback
• Preparing letters, emails and documents
• Setting up and coordination of outreach activities
• Running the Community Action Department in the absence of the Head of Community Action
Applicants must have:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Education to A level, to include a minimum of GCSE English (or equivalent)
• An ability to plan and organise
• Competency in Microsoft Office
• Initiative, empathy and patience
Full details for all roles along with application forms are available on the School website at www.oundleschool.org.uk/Employment-Opportunities.
Closing date for applications is 24th May 2019 at 09:00.
Interviews will be held on 10th June 2019, with potential second interviews on 12th June 2019 (pm).
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.