Are you looking to further your career in events? If you are energetic, organised, customer focussed, interested in outdoor activities and keen to learn new skills then we may have the job for you! We’re recruiting for a full-time permanent Event Manager to join our friendly professional team near Peterborough, helping to organise and deliver top quality corporate events nationwide.
This position will ideally suit someone with a minimum of two years’ experience in the events field who has supervised staff and successfully managed a range of events. We will also consider an enthusiastic graduate with an aptitude for events who is looking to be trained up.
Who are we?
Based near Peterborough, and with more than 20 years’ corporate events experience, Gable Events is the UK’s leading dragon boat racing specialist. We also offer a wide range of indoor and outdoor events including it’s a knockout, multi-activity days and team building games. We employ 5 full time permanent event staff and over 75 part-time staff.
- Manage all aspects of the delivery of our events on site including presenting to clients, setting up, breaking down and running activities, compering events and supervising temporary staff
- Helm (steer) our 30’ and 40’ dragon boats following training if required
- Drive the company’s vans with and without trailers (subject to training and passing a trailer test if required)
Build relationships with venues/agencies via telephone and face to face to generate relationships and new business.
Office event work to include booking event services and staff using a cost-effective strategy, preparing event plans and risk assessments, updating website with new content, maintaining our client database, attending client/site meetings and networking events, basic events administration and promotion through press releases and social media.
- Confident driver with a full clean driving licence for at least two years
- Experience in or aptitude for managing events, staff and suppliers
- Assured in all aspects of event planning, paperwork and logistics
- Willing to work long hours and most weekends during the main events season (May to September)
- Physically fit and active as event days can be long and demanding
- Excellent communication skills and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to multi-task and work calmly under pressure
- Team player who can work independently to tight deadlines without sacrificing quality
- Confident in all Microsoft Office applications
- Meticulous in attention to detail
Starting salary between £21,000 and £30,000 depending on experience
Email [email protected] for the attention of Carol Lester, attaching your CV and outlining in the cover email why this vacancy is of interest to you and what you feel you could bring to the role
The job will start in January/February 2019