Seasonal Outdoor Activity Instructor/Leader
Are you looking to further your career in outdoor events?
If you are energetic, organised, customer focussed, interested in outdoor activities and keen to learn new skills then we may have the job for you!
We’re recruiting for either a seasonal (May to September) or possibly full-time permanent Outdoor Activity Leader/Instructor to join our friendly professional team based at our warehouse near Peterborough, helping to deliver top quality corporate and charity events nationwide.
This position will ideally suit someone with a minimum of two years’ experience in the events or outdoor activities field who has supervised staff and successfully managed a range of events/activities. We will also consider an enthusiastic outdoor/watersports instructor or graduate with an aptitude for events who is looking to be trained up.
Who are we?
Based near Peterborough, and with more than 20 years’ corporate events experience, Gable Events is the UK’s leading dragon boat racing specialist. We also offer a wide range of indoor and outdoor events including it’s a knockout, multi-activity days and team building games. We employ 5 full time permanent event staff and over 75 part-time staff.
- Be part of our team involved in, and when required managing, the delivery of events on site including setting up, breaking down and running activities, compering events, supervising temporary staff and liaison with clients
- Helm (steer) our 30’ and 40’ dragon boats following training if needed
- Drive the company’s vans with and without trailers (subject to training and passing a trailer test as required)
Warehouse work to include assisting the warehouse manager with the allocation of kit for events to include loading/unloading vans, preparing event plans and risk assessments, maintenance and cleaning of boats and equipment, basic warehouse and events administration
- Experience in, or aptitude for, managing events or outdoor activities, staff and suppliers
- Assured in all aspects of activity planning and logistics
- Confident driver with a full clean driving licence for at least two years
- Willing to work long hours and most weekends during the main events season (May to September)
- Physically fit and active as event days can be long and demanding
- Excellent communication skills and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to multi-task and work calmly under pressure
- Team player who can work independently to tight deadlines without sacrificing quality
- Confident in all Microsoft Office applications
- Meticulous in attention to detail
Starting salary between £21,000 and £26,000 depending on experience
Email [email protected] for the attention of Carol Lester, attaching your CV and outlining in the cover email why this vacancy is of interest to you and what you feel you could bring to the role
The job will start in April/May 2020
Attendance at our annual staff training weekend on 28th & 29th March will be required