Oundle School | Oundle | 95 pageviews | 30/07/2020
- LIST ALL JOBS -, Hospitality & Events (Part Time)
We have a fantastic opportunity to join our friendly Catering team in a role working 40 hours per week, while being able to take advantage of lengthy holiday periods outside of Term time.
Our General Catering Assistants are a vital and valued part of the team, enabling the School to provide a catering service of the highest standard. Your main responsibilities will be:
• Serving pupils, staff and visitors in a polite and friendly manner
• Ensuring all food is presented to the highest standard
• Basic food preparation
• Ensuring kitchen and service areas are clean and safe
You will work 80 hours over a two-week rota, with every other weekend off. Some split shifts are needed, but for a role in hospitality the hours of work are unusually sociable. The role enjoys lengthy downtime during Oundle School holiday periods, meaning you only need to work 36.4 weeks a year for Role 1 or 41.4 weeks a year for Role 2. The salary for the role is competitive at £8.87 per hour.
Previous experience doing a similar role would be great, but this is not essential as full training will be provided. What we are really looking for is:
• An ability to take and follow instructions
• Knowledge of basic food preparations
• Good communication skills
• Team players who are well presented
WHAT DO YOU GET IN RETURN?
• Fantastic team environment
• Ongoing support and training
• Lengthy holiday periods
• Great benefits including Pension, Life Assurance, access to the School’s excellent swimming pool and sports facilities, BUPA Wellbeing Expenses Plan and Cycle to Work scheme.
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, send in your application form telling us what makes you a good fit for the role, and we will be in touch. Interviews will be arranged as soon as suitable application forms are received, so don’t delay!
The full job description and application form can be found following this link. https://www.oundleschool.org.uk/employment-opportunities/vacancy/general-catering-assistant/
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. You will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.