Following the publication of an independent report that shows Stage One of The Women’s Tour brought almost half a million pounds into Northamptonshire, here are some facts and figures regarding the event and a reminder of the fantastic photographs taken in May.
Facts and figures
- Stage One was won by Emma Johansson of the Orica Greenedge team, ahead of world champion Marianne Vos.
- Spectators spent an estimated total of £449,812, of which £386,362 was spent in Northamptonshire.
- A further £88,000 was spent in the county on hotel and overnight accommodation by event organisers, cyclists and media personnel.
- A survey carried out after the event found that 54% of the approximately 55,000 spectators came from outside of the county.
- The survey also showed that 75% of people were inspired to cycle more often after seeing the Women’s Tour.